Building strong relationships with parents and carers – based on mutual respect and trust – is at the centre of our school’s ethos. We want our parents and carers to feel valued and to be fully involved in their children’s learning and development.
Our clearly defined guidelines can be found here and some guidance pictures are included to further ensure that parents and carers are clear about our expectations.
Being fair and consistent is our key aim; if we are consistent in our expectations and responses, we can hold students accountable.
All students should be in the correct uniform for school. Our uniform rules will also appear in the September planner.
Update for ordering uniform
Orders can be placed https://ourschoolwear.co.uk/collections/shrewsbury-academy.
Samples of uniforms are available at our school so you can check sizing prior to ordering. Please arrange to visit the school office if you wish to try on uniform for size.
Unfortunately, no pop up shops will take place this year however we are offering free delivery to school.
RAM Leisure are open each day including school holidays and uniform is available to order via these channels:
- Click and collect from RAM Leisure
- Book an appointment to try on and buy directly from RAM Leisure
- Order online and pay for delivery to home address
- Order online and have free delivery to school
Postage will be £5.70 for 48hr tracked and £6.50 for 24hr tracked if sent to a home address. Returns can be sent back directly to RAM Leisure for £3.25 (returns information will be in the parcel)
To support with communication, RAM Leisure will adhere to a 48hr response time on emails to firstname.lastname@example.org – please ensure emails include order number, school your child attends, sizes and products needed to help with the query. We thank you for your continued support.
The uniform consists of:
- A branded, grey, v-neck jumper
- Year 11 wear a branded, blue, v-neck jumper
- A plain, white shirt/blouse
- Branded school tie
- Plain black trousers* or plain black knee length pleated skirt**
- Tailored black shorts can be worn during the Summer Term
- Shoes – must be plain black leather style (trainers, canvas-style and ballet pumps are not permitted)
*Trousers and shorts must be smart school-style only. Trousers must not be skin tight below the knee, hipster style or legging style. Material must not be cord, denim, stretch legging style or canvas/jean-style cotton and should not contain cargo pockets or logo labels.
**Skirts must be tailored in style with no fashion detailing such as pockets, patches or zips.
For PE, students will require:
- A branded, PE polo shirt
- A branded, PE midlayer
- Navy blue PE shorts/skort
- Navy blue football socks either plain or branded
- Football boots
- Shin pads
- Mouth guards (recommended)
- Navy blue base layer
- Plain navy blue leggings
A full selection of uniform available to purchase can be found here. Alternatively, you can click on the below images to order. Whilst we do not require all uniform to be branded (see branded requirements above), some branded items are available to order as we know some families prefer the branded option.
How do I order:
The following systems are in place to allow you to purchase all uniform items:
• Online (preferred option). Please visit and follow the link to visit our online shop or click on the items above which will direct to the website to order.
• Via the RAM Leisure shop in Wrexham. Parents can purchase all items of the uniform and PE kit straight off the shelf in the RAM Leisure store in Wrexham. This purchasing option may be particularly helpful in circumstances where items need to be tried on to determine correct sizing.
RAM Leisure, Trinity House, Whitegate Industrial Estate, Wrexham, LL13 8UG.
Pre-Loved Uniform Scheme
We are excited to have recently launched our Pre-Loved Uniform Scheme. We know that uniform can be an expensive requirement for our families. With this in mind, we want to help our school community by making good quality, preloved uniform easily available to everyone. Many items of uniform have a longer life beyond the point when our students have outgrown them and could be re-used by another student. As well as saving family’s money, re-using uniform also reduces our impact on the environment.
To support our scheme, we are asking families to donate any unwanted items of uniform that could be worn by another student. Donations can be handed in to the school office. If there are items that you are interested in, we ask that you respond directly to email@example.com with your required size to reserve items. Our school staff will then make contact directly with you, to arrange collection.
Recommended Pre-Loved Uniform Donations:
- Grey School Jumper – £5
- Old Style Blazer and Old-Style Black SA Sweater Year 11 – £3
- School Skirts, Trousers and Shorts – £2
- School Blouses and Shirts – £2
- New PE Jumper – £5
All donations will be given directly to our School Food Bank S4T, which is available to all students and families. With the continued rise in household costs, we hope this initiative can make a small difference by helping some of our families to access uniform at a heavily reduced cost.